Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Heat

Summer is practically here.
Scratch that. It is here. And by here I mean, North Carolina.
It is HOT. Stifling. Hard to breathe hot. Yuck.

Being originally from Florida you would think that the heat wouldn't be an issue to me since I am a good 8 hours north from where I lived for almost my entire life. But nope, I think it's safe to say that the summer here is much more unbearable and my very least favorite season. How sad :( I'm so used to summer being happy and exciting.

To cheer myself up and make this summer a little less miserable, I have made a list (like all good list makers do) of all the fun things I will accomplish in the next few months.

1. Make lemonade, mojitos and margaritas often. And often meaning at the very least twice a week.
2. Enjoy our kiddie pool with my kiddie and also my girlfriends during nap time while drinking something from the list above.
3. Paint the trim in my house. Yes, this is exciting to me. I know, lame.
4. Go on a family vacation somewhere WAY north of here. Boston? Philadelphia? Who knows.
5. Read through the rainbow resource center catalog, that is roughly the size of an encyclopedia.
6. Eat what grows from my garden.
7. Go to thrift stores and search for treasures. (like the first edition Hardy Boys book I found circa 1958)
8. Read at least 5 books from my "Must Read" book list.
9. Watch season 2 of Glee.
10. Plan my living room makeover.
11. Re cover my vintage wing back chair with some nifty fabric.

That's all I have for now. I'll be sure to update how much of this list I actually accomplish.
Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment