Friday, June 3, 2011

Organizing my Life

I LOVE being organized.

Problem is, I often have trouble staying organized. Especially, when I don't have a clear execution of whatever it is I'm trying to organize. For example, the cabinet under my kitchen sink where I house all my cleaning supplies was the most cluttered, scary, filthy part of my whole kitchen. I don't know how it ever got so bad or when it started to go down hill but this week I opened it up and really looked around down there and about had a minor stroke. I had been hoarding empty bottles of windex, all purpose cleaners and dish soap. There was a dried up, caked on spill under most of my sponges from my stainless steel cleaner that had been knocked over and never picked up. And I had piles of half used rags scattered everywhere.

It was down right horrifying.

I decided it needed to be cleaned up and organized ASAP. So I went to about 3 stores looking for shower caddies or utility caddies and finally found them at BB&B. I love that store. It's almost dangerous how much I love that place. Good thing it's about 30 minutes away on the other side of town. Any who, I bought two of those babies and set off to organize the disaster under my sink.

I scrubbed and cleaned and scrubbed some more. Then I organized my caddies into a bathroom caddy and a bedroom/ living area caddy. That way when I have to go up stairs to clean my bathrooms I just grab the handy bathroom caddy and everything I need is right there. And when it's time to clean bedrooms or dust and clean windows I just grab the other caddy. Simple as simple can be. And VERY organized.

The bathroom caddy contains: bathroom and shower cleaner, windex, toilet cleaner, rubber gloves, paper towels, sponges, a rag and masks.

The living area caddy contains: windex, dust spray, furniture polish, carpet cleaner, paper towels, sponges, a rag, a brush and masks (because I don't like to breath in dust and chemicals when I clean)

Doesn't it feel so good to get organized? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment