Saturday, November 3, 2012

6 Weeks, 6 Days

Hello All!

 

This is me showing my little old' blog some love. It has been six weeks and six days since I became a mother of two. Time has completely flown by. It seems like I just gave birth yesterday; the details, images, and feelings still so fresh in my mind (birth story coming next). But clearly it has been much longer than just yesterday which leads me to this evening. I'm currently laying next to a precious little guy who is completely content and all cuddled up beside me. I am exhausted. And happy.

If you were to ask me what life with two kids under three is like, I would tell you it is hard. It is really, really hard. I believe in honesty. And sugar coating things isn't my style, so this is me telling you that having two little ones is no walk in the park. I was not expecting the transition to be as much of a challenge as it actually turned out to be. Silly me :)

My days seem to almost always feel like constant chaos. It takes me ten times longer to do anything and everything. I have become particularly fond of my coffee in the morning. Ok, fond is probably an understatement. My house is never clean the way it used to be. I have trouble finishing my own sentences, responding to emails, calls, and text messages, and remembering to send out birthday cards. I eat every meal in under 5 minutes for fear that the opportunity to nourish my body will pass and I will be sidetracked by changing a diaper, wiping a nose, nursing a baby, cleaning up a spill, or dealing with an unruly individual. And I'm scared to death to leave the house with the boys without another adult to help. The thought alone makes me cringe and want to run to my bed and throw the covers over my head. There are many times (a day) I wonder why on Earth do people continue to have kids. I mean it is just so much work! Then, as quickly as that thought enters my mind, The millions of little things that make parenting so absolutely amazing wash over me and then I know.

I know, that children are a blessing. I know that the hardest things in life, reap the most reward. I know, when I look into the eyes of my little boys that there is absolutely nothing else I would rather be doing then raising them. And I think to myself, "Man, I love being a mother." And I love my two little boys. My thoughts are consumed with them, my dreams are dreams for them, and my heart has never felt more full.

So for now, I will laugh at the chaos and embrace it. After all, it's happy chaos. I know when these moments are nothing but a memory that I will long for the days when the sound of little feet was the music we danced to week to week. (name that song)

And that's about all the love I have to give the blogging world tonight.

From my little piece of chaotic heaven, I am signing off.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment